Friday, July 24, 2015

So much fun stuff :)

There is so much going on in the Wild Zipper world, that instead of continuously modifying my website, I think I'll put it on the Wild Zipper Blog. WELCOME! After 23 years of making exclusively t-shirt quilts, I've ventured out to the world of scrappy, fun, and oh-so creative quilts. With Bonnie Hunter (www.quiltville.com) as my main source of inspiration, I'm discovering the world of recycling fabric, and clothing beyond t-shirts! Check out her website and blog. You won't be disappointed.

Quilting never gets old. Every quilt is unique. Every quilt is a work of art.  

Recently, I agreed to take on the challenge of creating "as many quilts as possible" from 88 women's blouses, almost all of them handmade over many, many years. Rhoda's mom had recently passed away and the family had fond memories of her love of sewing.  I love a challenge! Here are a couple of the completed quilts.
This is a jelly roll quilt. Check out all those crazy prints! 


This quilt is a paper-pieced string quilt. Isn't that a great design? Each of the squares uses ONLY cuffs and collars. I try to use every crumb of fabric. I think by the end of this venture I will have six or seven quilts.

Back to sewing. Now that I've got this blog up and running, please let me know your thoughts.  I appreciate your comments and suggestions and would like to hear what you're creating too. 

Interested in preserving your memories?  Go to Wild Zipper

No comments:

Post a Comment