Sunday, June 3, 2018

Diamond Tile Quilt


Bonnie Hunter's diamond tile block was featured in the May/June 2018 issue of Quiltmaker's magazine.  I never bought the magazine - instead I designed a larger version of her block.  I have Electric Quilt (EQ) 8, an amazing software program for quilt design.


This is the design I came up with, the squares finishing at 10" in the quilt. I love the randomness of color. It was fun "shopping" in the bins for so many color combinations. 



Each square is its own little quilt!

Scrappy 4" outer border is made from my stash of men's shirts. 

AND of course...I can't just do a plain, simple backing....


16-patch blocks, random orphan blocks, and a whole lotta seams pulled this one together.



Machine quilted with Urban Elementz "Pipeline" panto on my APQS Millenium


Binding goes on by machine. Washed, dried and ready for gifting! 

Measures approximately 98" x 88"

Thank you, #bonniehunter, for never-ending ideas!


Wild Zipper Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment